Be inspired by the new-look
Organic Gardener magazine.
Grow ravishing radishes, juicy pineapples, pepinos, tomatillos and bug-friendly blooms. Get started with natural beekeeping, check out the latest innovations in renewable energy and meet the new face of farming – from uni to the farm – two twenty-somethings who are wowing Sydney chefs with their lovingly grown organic produce.
Grow: Ravishing radishes
Radishes are one of the easiest vegetables to grow and diverse in flavour, making them a must for the kitchen garden, writes Arabella Forge.
Grow: Find your sol mate
Justin Russell introduces some of the more uncommon, but especially delicious, members of the Solanaceae family – from pepino to tomatillo.
Grow: She’ll be pineapples
The main requirement for growing your own sweet, juicy pineapples is a little patience, says Phil Dudman.
Ornamental: True colours
Add colour and aroma to your garden with some top-performing flowers, writes Karen Sutherland.
Profile: New kids on the block
Jacqueline Forster meets a young, innovative couple who are helping change the face of farming.
Kirsten Bradley shares her sweet secrets of success for keeping bees, naturally.
Design: Power change
Dr Reese Halter reveals some exciting innovations that will help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Planet: Under the weather
Simon Webster investigates the impacts of global warming on farming methods and food supplies, and how organics might be the solution.
Harvest: Cracking corn
Phil Dudman and Julie Ray talk stalks, of corn that is – how to harvest the first golden cobs of the season and cook up a feast! Plus Max Allen’s wine choices.
Action: Get out and get productive
Seasonal advice from our experts, including protecting plants from heat, seed saving, pest alerts and more.
Basic: The big cover-up
Peter Cundall shares his simple techniques for smothering invasive weeds.
Solutions: Laws of attraction
Penny Woodward looks at the important role of good bugs in the organic garden and how to attract them.
Plus all our regular articles…
- Editor’s letter
- Organic feedback
- Organic matters - the latest news and events.
- Organic conversation - Alecia Wood meets agro-ecologist Eric Holt-Gimenez.
- Organic market - water- and energy-saving products for the garden.
- Organic plant - resilient plants for our changing climate.
- Organic advice - our experts answer your gardening questions.
- Organic library - the latest books.
- Losing the plot - no pest regime is foolproof, but Simon Webster has developed a unique system that works for him.
- Competition - WIN one of two organic wine and gardening packs worth $330 each!
- Subscription offer - Subscribe to Organic Gardener for only $49.95 for seven issues, and receive a FREE copy of our 2016 Calendar, worth $14.95!
- Gardening on your ABC - Your ABC local radio and TV gardening guide.